The Seller Terms & Conditions detail the full t&cs for all sellers listing on Yumbles but below is a summary of the key rules to be aware of.
Most are common sense and simply relate to you offering a great service to Yumbles buyers which is really all we ask.
For your listings:
1. Stick to the product listing guidelines.
2. Keep your product availability up to date
- If an item is in stock make sure the available to buy field is positive.
- If an item is temporarily unavailable (i.e. for less than 4 weeks) mark the available to buy field quantity as 0. You might want to also change the Out of Stock actions field to “Sign up for notification” to allow customers to get notified by email when you put it back in stock.
- If an item is unavailable for 4 or more weeks (including seasonal items) then change the listing status to Disabled to remove it from the marketplace until you can reactivate it later.
When managing orders:
3. Confirm orders within 1 working day
This includes if you need to let the customer know it is back-ordered. No order should remain "Pending" for more than 1 working day. See our guide to order statuses.
4. Include the Yumbles packing slip within all orders
This slip includes a Yumbles funded discount code. We also require that you don’t include any materials in the order that direct Yumbles customers to your own website.
5. Ship orders on time to meet the estimated (or guaranteed) delivery dates shown on the orders
See this guide on how the estimated delivery dates shown to your buyers are calculated for the shipping options you offer, and how you can amend the settings if they don’t correctly reflect the service you are offering.
NOTE: for advance orders unless they chose a guaranteed service option you just need to ensure that the items arrive no later than the requested advance order date, but also ideally no more than 2 days earlier.
6. If any delay to an order is unavoidable, let the customer know
As soon as possible let customers know their order will be late by amending the estimated delivery date AND sending them a message via the order.
7. Mark the order as Dispatched the day it is shipped (and provide tracking information if tracked)
We know this can feel like admin but it really is key and we require it. When you mark an order as dispatched the customer is notified their order is on it's way and that sets an expectation. Marking orders as dispatched prematurely and also belatedly are the top causes of customer dissatisfaction.
What's more if the item is tracked give the customer the tracking information in the fields provided.
Returns, Refunds & General Customer Service
8. Reply to customer messages within maximum 2 working days
Keep a close eye on your inbox in the Seller Portal and don’t rely on the email notifications.
9. Keep all communications within the Seller Portal, and all payments via Yumbles
Don’t ask customers to email you directly. If phone communication is needed then summarise what has been agreed back via a message in the Seller Portal. This keeps a clear record with each order, and means we can help if we're called on in a dispute scenario.
10. Respond correctly (and quickly) to return/ refund requests
See our policy on returns and refunds.