If you are taking a break from fulfilling orders for 3 weeks or less you can set a holiday period for your shop to appropriately manage your orders and customer messages while you are away.
Setting your shop on holiday will:
- revise the estimated delivery dates for all orders received during your holiday in accordance with when you return.
- prevent customers from selecting advance order delivery dates that fall while you are away - unless dispatch & delivery times mean you can dispatch before you go
- automatically reply to any customers messaging you while you are away, letting them know that you will reply as soon as you return.
These settings will not stop you receiving orders.
If your break is more than three weeks, or if you prefer to stop orders while you are away, please change the status of all your listings to Out of Stock by changing the quantity available to buy to 0 units, to pause orders altogether while you are away.
We don't recommend that you disable your listings for temporary periods. Instead we recommend that you continue showing your products in your Yumbles store, just out of stock. That way customers can continue seeing what you make and request to be notified when you are back in stock. Disabling product listings is only recommended for items you wil no longer sell (discontinued).
How to set your Holiday dates
To specify your holiday dates go to the menu Administration > Holidays
- the last date you will be dispatching orders before your break, and
- the first date you will resume dispatching orders after your break.
For example, if you are taking a break between Christmas and New Year you may set your last date fulfilling orders as 23rd December and your first day back dispatching as 4th January.
Estimated delivery date calculation
Orders received between the holiday dates you specify will show an estimated delivery date calculated as follows:
Return Date + your usual delivery timescales (i.e. Processing time + Shipping time)
For example, if you offer Economy Delivery (2 days processing plus 1-3 days shipping) and you set a Christmas holiday period that ends with your first date back as Monday 4th January, orders received during your holiday period will show an estimated delivery date range of Thursday 7th January to Monday 11th January.
You can view and amend your delivery timescales in Administration > Shipping >Shipping Methods.