Why tags matter
Put simply tags are keywords applied to content to help people find it. Boost the visibility of your product listings by making sure you have a good set of tags specified - ideally you want 5 to 10 tags.
How to add tags
Apply tags to your listings from the “Tags” tab you will find within each editable listing on the Products page.
Here's our top do's and don'ts for tagging products:
1. Add tags for all names and synonyms for your product
For example: "raw chocolate", "artisan chocolate", "dark chocolate"
2. Add tags to cover the relevant special diets
For example: "dairy free chocolate", "paleo chocolate", "gluten free gifts"
3. Add tags to cover relevant use cases/ category types
For example: "wedding favours", "Christmas cakes", "birthday gifts"
4. Add tags for noteworthy key ingredients
For example: "lucuma powder", "pomegranate", "black truffle"
5. Don't tag with adjectives
People don't search for products with adjectives like "delicious" and "tasty" so don't add them as a tags!
6. Do check and see what other similar products are tagged with
Pick up on any other terms to you have missed in your tag list.