Values are the cornerstone of the Yumbles marketplace. Find out how they are used here.
To ensure you maximise the exposure and sales of your products make sure that you have correctly selected all Values that apply to your products.
Use this guide to check the definitions of the Values.
Lifestyle & Diet
- Gluten Free: the product does not contain any gluten ingredients.
- Kid Friendly / Mums: the produce is specifically targeted at families and children and in particular is low in sodium and low in sugar (see health & ingredients definitions below).
- Organic: at least 95% of the produce is made up from organic ingredients.
- Paleo: the produce contains only ingredients recommended by The Paleo Diet™
- Raw: the produce contains only ingredients in their natural unprocessed state, that have not been heated above 48 degrees centigrade.
- Sports/ Active: the type of product and the nutritional breakdown of the produce is ideal for sports nutrition - for example high protein or high carbohydrate snacks or above usual hydrating drinks.
- Vegan: the produce does not contain any animal derived ingredients including meat, fish, dairy or eggs.
- Vegetarian: the produce does not contain any meat or fish.
NOTE: none of these values require official certification. Confirm certifications in the Awards & Certifications values.
Health & Ingredients
- Alcohol Free: the product does not include any alcohol
- Antibiotics /Synthetic Hormone Free: the product doesn't contain any antibiotics/ synthetic hormones including meat products have not come from animals given hormone growth promoters.
- Artificial Ingredient Free: the product doesn't contain any artificial ingredients, preservatives, flavours, additives of any kind.
- Caffeine Free: the product doesn't contain any caffeine
- Cholesterol Free: the product does not include any cholesterol
- Colour Additive & Dye Free: the product doesn't contain any colour additives.
- Contains Probiotic: the product contains live bacteria or yeasts known to be good for the body
- Customisable for Special Diets: the product can be made suitable for special diets such as vegan, dairy free etc. Customers can select their dietary needs from an Option on the product listing.
- Dairy Free: the product doesn't contain any dairy ingredients.
- Egg Free: the product doesn't contain any eggs.
- Full of Omegas: the product contains ingredients high in omega-3 or omega-6 (essential fats).
- GMO Free: the product does not contain any ingredients derived from genetically modified crops.
- Grass Fed: meat produce has come from animals that are exclusively grass fed.
- High Fibre: the product contains at least 6 g of fibre per 100 g or at least 3 g of fibre per 100 kcal*
- High Fructose Corn Syrup Free: produce does not contain high fructose corn syrup
- High Protein: at least 20% of the energy value of the food is provided by protein*
- Low Carb: where the product contains no more than 10g carbohydrate per 100g.
- Low Fat: where the product contains no more than 3 g of fat per 100 g for solids or 1.5 g of fat per 100 ml for liquids.*
- Low Sodium: where the product contains no more than 0.12 g of sodium or salt, per 100 g or per 100 ml*
- MSG Free: the product does not contain any Monosodium glutamate or MSG derived ingredients
- Nut Free: the product does not contain any nuts or nut derived products
- Peanut Free: the product does not contain any peanuts or peanut derived products
- Preservative Free: the product does not contain any additives (whether artificially or naturally derived) intended to keep food safe for longer.
- Salt Free: no more than 0.005 g of sodium or salt per 100 g*
- Soya Free: the product does not contain any soya or soya derived ingredients.
- Added Sugar Free: the product does not contain any added sugar, sweetener or any other food used for its sweetening properties.
- No Refined Sugars: the product does not contain any refined sugars
- Low Glycaemic: the produce has a glycaemic index rating of 55 or less
- Low Sugar: no more than 5 g of sugars per 100 g for solids or 2.5 g of sugars per 100 ml for liquids*
- Sugar Free: the produce has no more than 0.5g of sugar per 100ml or per 100g*
- Sulfites/ Sulphur Dioxide Free: the product does not contain any sulfites/ sulphur dioxide (additives E220 - E229, E150B, E150d)
- Trans Fats Free: : the product does not contain any trans fats.
- Yeast Free: the product does not contain any yeast.
* these definitions are in line with EC regulations.
Social & Environmental
- Made by hand: the produce is made by hands not machines
- Small Batch: the produce is made in small quantities of less than 500 units at a time
- Made to Order: the produce is made fresh to order
- Locally Sourced: at least 50% of the produce contains ingredients that have been produced within 70 miles/ same county as the producer.
- Ethically Sourced: the ingredients come from ethical sources under fair trade conditions, sustainable farming and high levels of animal welfare as applicable.
- Fair Trade: if an ingredient has come from the developing world the trade with the farmers/ producers meets Fair Trade standards.
- Pasture Raised: meat and dairy products have come from animals that graze on pastures whenever weather permits.
- Sustainably Farmed: ingredients come from sustainable sources
- Direct from the Farm: the produce has come directly from the farm where at least 75% of product originates
- Made in the UK: the product is produced in the UK
- Family-owned business: the owners of the business are family members
- Supports Charity: a portion of proceeds from the sale of this product go to a registered charity.
- Recycled packaging: at least 50% of the packaging for the product is made from recycled materials.
- Made with Renewable Energy: the majority of the production process for the product uses renewable energy.
Awards & Certifications
- Great Taste Award Winner: the product has won at least one Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Awards
- Gluten Free Certified: Official certification by Coeliac UK. Certification evidence supplied to Yumbles via email@example.com to enable this.
- Organic Certified: official certification by one of the UK's approved organic control bodies. Certification evidence supplied to Yumbles via firstname.lastname@example.org to enable this.
- Vegan Certified: Official certification by The Vegan Society. Certification evidence supplied to Yumbles via email@example.com to enable this.
- Fair Trade Certified: Official certification by The Fair Trade Organisation. Certification evidence supplied to Yumbles via firstname.lastname@example.org to enable this.