You've probably heard us stress how crucial it is to have great product photos however often as a small producer the time and expense to get professional photos taken, particularly if you bring out a few new or seasonal products each year, can often feel prohibitive. Most professional photographers need a commitment of at least a half day if not a full day photography session.
So to help with this challenge we've arranged a great photography solution exclusively for our makers.
We have arranged with the fantastic photographer Lucy Ridges dedicated sessions throughout the year for taking photos of products by Yumbles makers, enabling pricing to be as economical as possible and on a per product basis.
About Lucy Ridges Photography
Lucy Ridges is an experienced product photographer. Her site and portfolio can be seen here.
Lucy has photographed the products of several Yumbles sellers as well as taking the Yumbles Christmas campaign images in 2018.
How it works
- You decide how many products you need photographed and book in for a particular session. Limited to a maximum of 9 products - this option is aimed at helping makers who only need a few products photographed. For 10 or more products please book a half or full day session with Lucy directly.
- You send your products to Lucy. - they must be received no later than the day before the planned session. Ideally send them to arrive 2-3 days beforehand so they can be checked before the session.
- Lucy will take photos of your products in her studio. See guidance below on styling.
- You will receive the digital images. You will receive fully processed high resolution digital images via email within 5 working days.
What you get
- 3 photographs per product - a full product shot, an alternative angle, and a details shot.
- High resolution digital images
- Simple lifestyle setting (see the gallery above). Your product will be photographed on a simple attractive and light backdrop ideal for ecommerce.
Note: to provide such economical photography this package does not include accessorising and extra styling. It will be your products beautifully shot on an attractive light background. The photographer will choose from her selection of backdrops the right backdrop to photograph your products.
First product is £35. Products thereafter are just £25. So if you want 2 products photographed the cost is just £60.
Note: if you would like your products returned to you after the shoot then you will need to cover the return cost.
Prices are subject to VAT.
Dates & How to Book
Photography session dates will be released throughout the year.
The initial available dates are as follows:
- Thursday 22nd August (fully booked - email email@example.com for the wait list)
- Wednesday 25th September
- Tuesday 8th October
You can book in for one of these dates or express interest in a session in a later month.
NOTE: the Yumbles deadline for having your Christmas products listed is Friday 20th September so if you need Christmas products photographed we recommend you book ideally the August session or failing that the September session.