Our aim on Yumbles is to enable you to put your products and brand in front of hundreds of thousands of potential customers every month.
This guide provides you with an overview of the key marketing opportunities available on Yumbles - some are done automatically for you, and others involve your active participation. Like any channel, the more you participate the more you get out.
We launch all new hand-picked makers with some fanfare.
Typically within the first month of your launch, provided your Yumbles shop is in good shape*, you will be promoted as follows:
- We will feature you in a marketing email to our subscribers database (as of Jan 2022 this numbers over 400k subscribers and growing)
- At least some of your key products, if not all, will be featured in the popular New category for at least 1 month
- At least one of your products will be featured on the Yumbles homepage for 2 weeks or more, subject to the quality of your product photography.
- Your products will all be given a boost in the rankings of the category pages where they are included. Category pages are sorted by popularity - an algorithmic calculation of the # views, # adds to basket and # orders a product has received. Obviously as your products are new their ranking would naturally be at the back so we give them a boost to gain exposure and then allow their ranking to be driven from that point on by their success.
- We will include your brand and products in our paid marketing feeds
- We may include your brand/ products in our updates to our PR database of over 100 top journalists and bloggers
*when we launch you we will advise you of any key recommendations that we have for improving your Yumbles shop. If we feel that some of these recommendations are so key for success we may not proceed with launch marketing until they are in place.
Throughout the year we run various multi-channel marketing campaigns - these can include campaigns focused on a category of product, seasonality and also the key gifting occasions. We share the details on the main campaigns that we run via the Marketing Calender here.
How can you get involved?
We automatically consider all makers with relevant products to be included in these campaigns where we can. To increase your chances of being included take a look at our guide here.
For the seasonal/ gifting occasion campaigns, the earlier you can list your seasonal products and make them available to buy the more likely we are to include them. We generally prepare our marketing a few weeks in advance, particularly for Christmas. Pay attention to the listing deadlines in the Marketing Calendar to not miss out. If you list your seasonal items after that deadline then they may not be optimally curated into seaosnal categories and will not be considered for featuring in the marketing campaign.
Throughout the year there are also some key promotion periods where we do a big campaign. January/ Winter Sale, Summer Sale and Black Friday being the most notable promotion periods. During these promotions we provide fantastic exposure to all participating offers, obviously the stronger the offer the more the exposure.
These promotion campaigns are also detailed in the Marketing Calendar. You can opt into participating into any of these campaigns via the Promotions section in the portal - see the list of "Yumbles Promotions" on the page.
Aside from these key promotion periods, you can of course run your own promotion at anytime using the same Promotions page in the portal. Your promotions will then automatically be included in the dedicated Offers section of the site, and are likely to also be included in other marketing activities - we cherry pick the best offers very week to feature.
For more information on either opting into Yumbles Promotions or running your own price promotion, see this guide here.
New Product Launches
If you are launching a new product then when you list it via the Seller Portal we are automatically notified about it, you don't need to do a thing.
We automatically consider* all new products for inclusion in the following:
- The popular New category
- Featuring on the homepage of the site
- Inclusion in an upcoming "What's new" marketing email to our subscribers
- Inclusion in our updates to our full PR database of bloggers and journalists
- Social media posts
- Push notifications
* We aim to feature as many new products as we can in marketing each month. Priority goes to products that are particularly unique and the listing must have great product photography, a great description with all of the key information, ingredients, and the Values section of the listing completed.
Post Articles on our Blog
Any of our makers can contribute at anytime directly to our blog by posting good and relevant content that we will then publish. The best articles we will also share across our other marketing channels like email newsletters and social media. We will link any blog article that you write to your Yumbles shop and also show some of your related products directly on the page.
Offer a Giveaway
Each month we run a giveaway or two across social media and promote the seller(s) ofering pixes in the givaway (an entry requirement for the giveaways typically includes asking entrants to follow your page). Complete our sign-up form if you want to get involved and offer up a prize in exchange for being promoted and gaining social media followers.
Submit Great Videos & Photos to Us
We want to be shouting about your business much more, particularly across social media. And for that we'd like to get some great video & photo content from you!
The videos & photos don't need to be professionally done, nor edited (we can edit it) but please do send us footage as good as you can make it.
Find out more here about the types of content we want, and how to send it to us.
Marketing Add-Ons (paid marketing packages)
Over and above all the opportunities listed above, we know that sometimes our makers just want to get a guaranteed extra boost of exposure therefore we have some paid for marketing add-on packages. Find out more here.